The Golden Triangle is a busy place year-round, populated by 89,000 employees as well as out-of-town visitors, students, and residents from the West End, Dupont Circle, and Foggy Bottom neighborhoods. Click on the tabs below to see more detailed breakdowns of employee and resident demographics within and near the BID.
- Roughly 89,000 employees worked in the BID.
- The average employee salary in the Golden Triangle was around $110,000 per year.
- Employees had a total spending potential of over $9.8 billion per year.
- About 31% of Golden Triangle employees lived within the District of Columbia, while 35% reside in Maryland and 30% in Virginia. Many commuted to work via Metro rail and bus.
In 2017, within a half-mile (ten-minute walk) of the Golden Triangle:
- There were approximately 51,000 residents.
- About 85% of residents over age 25 had a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- The median household income was almost $97,000 per year.
- The median age was 32.
In 2017, within one mile of the Golden Triangle:
- There were approximately 99,000 residents.
- About 82% of residents over age 25 had a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- The median household income was about $108,000 per year.
- The median age was 34.