Adding remarkable beauty to the neighborhood.
The Golden Triangle BID hosts the Golden Streets competition each year for property owners to showcase flowers and plants in beautifully-designed tree box displays. As the summer heat rolls in, these special boxes enhance the neighborhood with color and creativity. Over the years, the displays have featured elaborate decorations such as wind chimes, tiered wood-crafted planters, decorative boulders, granite stones, recessed lighting, and large golden suns.
The competition encourages the buildings to bring out their best landscaping ideas. Each year, the best landscaping designs are recognized through the Golden Streets awards program. Winning creations are selected by a panel of expert judges. Over the years, the Golden Streets panel of judges has included:
- Ahmed Hassan, Certified Landscaper and former HGTV Host
- Chuck Bell, NBC4 Meteorologist
- Howard Bernstein, WUSA 9 Meteorologist
- Alex Dencker, Horticulturalist, Smithsonian Institution
- Bradley Evans, Horticulturalist, U.S. National Arboretum
- Robin Nixon, Chief of Partnerships, U.S. National Park Service
- Christopher Upton, Horticulturalist, U.S. National Arboretum
- James Gagliardi, Supervisory Horticulturist, Smithsonian Institution
- Bradford McKee, Editor, Landscape Architecture Magazine
- Luis Marmol, Horticulturist, Dumbarton Oaks