Launched in July 2020 as a part of our COVID-19 response and recovery efforts, Windows by Golden Triangle brings public art to windows and store fronts in DC’s central business district. The project injects the neighborhood with artistry and creativity to uplift and inspire the Golden Triangle community during the pandemic.
Following an open call to artists and a review of more than 150 submissions, nine local artists hailing from DC, Maryland, and Virginia were selected to participate in this project.
The following Windows by Golden Triangle installations are currently on display:
- Steve Alfaro’s Joy, Hope, Love, Community installed at 1900 M Street NW
- Katherine Becker’s A Spring of Sorrow and Song; Emergence Series, #8; Strato Sunburst; and 4 Seasons installed at 1875 I Street NW (19th Street side)
- Hedieh Javanshir Ilchi’s Of time past and time future installed at The Mayflower Hotel located at 1127 Connecticut Avenue NW
- Shyama Kuver’s The Gardener and Sea installed at 1634 I Street NW
- Nikki Painter’s Blue Spring, Late Summer Garden, Site Cycle (Split), Site (Chasm) installed at 1050 Connecticut Ave NW
Artworks by Kim Sandara and James S. Terrell have been selected as well and will be installed in locations across the Golden Triangle neighborhood over the coming months. Artworks by Carlos Carmonamedina and Adrienne Gaither were up from July through August 2020.
Read the press release here.
Removed (the below artworks were on view during summer 2020)