Launched in July 2020 as a part of our COVID-19 response and recovery efforts, Windows by Golden Triangle brings public art to windows and store fronts in DC’s central business district. The project injects the neighborhood with artistry and creativity to uplift and inspire the Golden Triangle community during the pandemic.
Following an open call to artists and a review of more than 150 submissions, nine local artists hailing from DC, Maryland, and Virginia were selected to participate in this project.
The following Windows by Golden Triangle installations are currently on display:
- Steve Alfaro’s Joy, Hope, Love, Community at 1900 M Street NW
- Katherine Becker’s A Spring of Sorrow and Song; Emergence Series, #8; Strato Sunburst; and 4 Seasons at 1875 I Street NW (19th Street side)
- Hedieh Javanshir Ilchi’s Of time past and time future at The Mayflower Hotel at 1127 Connecticut Avenue NW
- Shyama Kuver’s The Gardener and Sea at 1634 I Street NW
- Nikki Painter’s Blue Spring, Late Summer Garden, Site Cycle (Split), and Site (Chasm) at 1050 Connecticut Ave NW
- James Terrell’s We Will Party Again and Enjoy the Colors at 1224 Connecticut Ave NW
- Kim Sandara’s Real at 1899 L St NW (19th Street side)
Artworks by Carlos Carmonamedina and Adrienne Gaither were up from July through August 2020.
Read the press release here.
Removed (the below artworks were on view during summer 2020)