Home > Locate Here > Grow Golden
Momentum is building for retail and restaurants in the Golden Triangle as DC reopens. Grow Golden pop-ups are joining the vibrant retail and restaurant scene that has long defined the Golden Triangle, with its central location frequented by many DC residents, professionals, and visitors.
Grow Golden connects selected entrepreneurs, including makers, restaurateurs, and creatives in the DC area with building owners filling high profile ground floor space in the Golden Triangle. Selected businesses receive multiple months of free rent and favorable terms for extending occupancy. The program also provides wrap-around technical assistance.
The Grow Golden program is actively working to place several established small businesses in the DC area. At this time, Grow Golden is not accepting new applications. Please continue to visit this page for future updates.
Buy small and local at Grow Golden pop-ups in the Golden Triangle. Several Grow Golden businesses are open and ready to serve you.
Founded by the team behind Nazca Mochica – a 5-time Michelin-recommended Peruvian restaurant, Mochica Express features traditional Peruvian cuisine, and Chifa DC, a unique Cantonese- Peruvian fusion.
This new dining experience is based on the theory that 90% of your diet should be filled with healthy choices so the other 10% can be left to guilt-free indulgence – like sweet potato cake.
Ninety Ten offers healthy food menu and also features local products like The Juice Trap and Gringuito Sauce.
This HOMME pop-up showcases local, national, and international artists at various stages in their careers. In addition, HOMME hosts digital programming, pop-up exhibitions and events on a regular basis. Owner, Amir Browder founded HOMME in 2014 and includes many emerging artists in his galleries.
Hours: By appointment
DC Pop-Up powered by Shea Yeleen offers a one-stop shop for buying gifts. After working in the Peace Corps, owner Rahama Wright began her business to offer premium beauty products while equitably sourcing jobs for women in Ghana. Her new pop-up location features a variety of minority women-owned businesses selling goods that include jewelry, candles, accessories, home goods, bath salts, moisturizers, and more.
This pop up location is now closed.
Golden Triangle’s Spice Girlin at 1025 Connecticut Avenue NW is the latest pop-up from local entrepreneur Angel Gregorio, who is well known for opening the Spice Suite in Takoma Park. Her newest stylish and eclectic shop sells everything from spices to clothing and is a self-proclaimed “dream incubator” that features a variety of products from black women-owned businesses in the DC area.
This boutique offers high-end decorations and gifts. Daylily’s dynamic team is available to assist businesses and individuals with design services, decorating supplies, plants, flower arrangements, and other décor needs throughout the year.
This pop up location is now closed.
Grow Golden is a competitive program. Grow Golden applicants must be a registered business, located in the immediate DC area (DC, MD, VA), and in operation for at least three years to qualify for program consideration.
The Grow Golden application process is currently closed. However, the Grow Golden program is active and you may email our team with questions.
A sample of Grow Golden’s space inventory is below. Additional spaces may be available and not currently listed. Please check back regularly for updates. Floor plans may be available upon request.
The Golden Triangle BID assembled a group of community partners to make Grow Golden a success. The partners assist in the outreach and development of this program, in addition to the wrap-around technical assistance for Golden Triangle businesses.
Presented by the Golden Triangle BID and M&T Bank
The November 10, 2021, interactive discussion on accounting strategies is now available on-demand. In this webinar, financial experts from M&T Bank and EFS Group PLLC share insights about the importance of bookkeeping, financial statements, the difference between inventory and cost of goods, and much more. Download a copy of the presentation slides.
Presented by the Golden Triangle BID and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
The September 27, 2021, moderated panel discussion on digital marketing for small businesses is now available on-demand. This webinar discusses best practices for (re-)introducing a business, from storytelling and branding, to maintaining authenticity, and optimizing strategies for different channels/platforms.