Expert Judges will also Pick their Best Tree Box Display
WASHINGTON, D.C.–June 15, 2015–Sparkling with thousands of golden flowers, tree box displays in the Golden Triangle feature elaborate decorations including tiered wood-crafted planters, decorative boulders, granite stones, recessed lighting, and large golden suns. 22 competing buildings are vying for your vote in the annual Golden Streets competition.
Public voting starts today at bit.ly/GoldenSt. The voting begins on Monday, June 15 and ends on Thursday, June 25. The friendly competition is among properties in the Golden Triangle, a 43-block neighborhood that extends from the White House to Dupont Circle.
Any individual that casts a vote will be entered into a raffle to win a $250 gift certificate from Nordstrom Rack or a meet and greet with Ahmed Hassan, former host, HGTV’s Yard Crashers.
On Thursday, June 25 from 10 a.m.–noon, Hassan and NBC4 Meteorologist Chuck Bell will serve as expert judges for the Golden Streets competition. They will be joined by Alex Dencker, horticulturalist, Smithsonian Institution; and Bradley Evans, horticulturalist, U.S. National Arboretum.
In addition, Hassan will be hosting an urban gardening demonstration at the Golden Triangle’s Farragut Fridays on June 26 from 11:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m. in Farragut Square Park at 17th Street and Connecticut Avenue, NW.
“Washington is already a beautiful city. This competition takes our neighborhood to a different level and we appreciate the private property owners who have accepted the challenge,” said Leona Agouridis, executive director of the Golden Triangle BID.
Participating buildings in the 2015 Golden Streets competition include:
- 1250 Connecticut Avenue NW – A Brook Within A Field
- 1919 M Street NW – In the Stones
- 1800 M Street NW – Urban Wildfire
- 1150 Connecticut Avenue NW – Perennial Pearls & Timeless Treasures
- 1150 17th Street NW – Fireside
- 1145 17th Street NW – Golden Butterfly Garden
- 1129 20th Street NW – Tempest Du Fleur
- 1901 L Street NW – Ring of Fire
- 1120 Connecticut Avenue NW – Perennial Pearls & Timeless Treasures
- 1101 17th Street NW – The Sun and Stars
- 1999 K Street NW – Earth-Wind-Fire
- 1801 K Street NW – The Full Spectrum
- 1025 Connecticut Avenue NW – Summertime
- 1900 K Street NW – Solar Flair
- 1667 K Street NW – Flashes of Light
- 900 17th Street NW – The Elements of Farragut Square
- 888 17th Street NW – A Green Party
- 1899 Pennsylvania Avenue NW – Force of Nature
- 800 17th Street NW – That’s the Way of the World
- 1747 Pennsylvania Avenue NW – Green Avenue
- 1717 Pennsylvania Avenue NW – Green Big
- 1730 Pennsylvania Avenue NW – Time To Shine
The Golden Triangle BID is a non-profit organization that works to enhance D.C.’s Central Business District from the White House to Dupont Circle and 16th Street NW to New Hampshire Avenue NW. The BID’s primary focus is to provide a clean, safe, and friendly environment within its 43 blocks of public space for area workers, local residents and visitors. www.goldentriangledc.com